I am desperately in need of some new black work shoes. The trick with work shoes though, is that a lot of pressure is brought to bear on one little pair of shoes. It’s tough for the average shoe to keep up with all the demands to be:
- Comfortable – at least as comfy as what you choose to wear on the weekends, for me that’s flip flops and slippers.
- Stylish – must go reasonably well with dress slacks or a suit – although by my admittedly loose standards flip flops and slippers do go well – most of the corporate world doesn’t agree.
- Professional – loosely translated? Boring.
- Easy Maintenance – If I have to take out my shoe shining kit more than once a year for them they are going to Goodwill.
- Affordable – Usually, this means cheap in my vocabulary, but for a really good pair of shoes I may go all out…. say up to $30.
- Stripper Friendly – meaning, easy to take off in airport security checks. Hmm, that’s not where your mind went? Tsk, tsk…
What else do you look for in work shoes? Did I miss anything?
By the way, you can find these particular shoes, which do actually meet all of my criteria if you go here. They are 25% off right now, so only $29 and free shipping. Once on the page, go to Sale Shoes and under $35 category, or search by brand – these are Aerosoles.