I don’t want you to think this site is going to turn into an obsession about my weight and bore you to tears when you really want to know more about leadership or business or saving money or parenting or any of the other topics that are discussed here.
Therefore, all weight status updates will be titled like the first one “Emptying the Trunk”. You can therefore choose to skip them and pay attention to the topics that are of more interest to you.
However, for those of you with a few (or more) pounds you’d prefer to shed, please feel free to join in and travel along with us on this journey.
I say us because I have the Royal “we” complex there are a few of us working on this together: holding each other accountable, giving encouragement, sharing tips, etc.
So far we have:
- Lori from A Day in Motherhood
- Kisha from In Thru the Out Door
- Margie from Margie’s Library of Marketing Musings and Morsels
- Jackie from It’s Crazy Cheap
- My real life friends Heather and Laura
- and Carli from Grandma’s Guide to Life (she’s successfully lost and KEPT it off, so will give us her tips)
I’m sure I’ve missed a couple. Please leave a comment and I’ll make sure to include you!
So, this is Week 2. It just so happens that I started this adventure the WORST possible time of the year. It is the most eating (and drinking) two weeks of the year for me plus it’s below freezing outside so I have no motivation to go for a walk or to the gym or anything. Granted, I’m not sure I had motivation when it was 50 last week either. However, I have logged quite a few miles in stores doing Christmas shopping and after Christmas bargain hunting.
Ok, clearly I need to up the exercise ante.
Although I haven’t added exercise, here are the steps I’ve taken in these first two weeks:
- I have paid more attention to my eating habits and was astonished to realize just how much snacking I’ve been doing at work. I don’t know that I changed that habit too much, but awareness is a good first step.
- I have chosen to eat more protein.
- I bought a treadmill at Goodwill.
- I have turned down food. I haven’t done it too often, but when I’ve been full or already eaten I have declined. I know this should be common sense, but previously I was eating again because hubs had cooked or it smelled good or whatever.
- I ate apples for a snack! 3 times. (Good source of fiber)
- I found and followed this site which is all about healthy snacks JillSnackSpot. For me, snacking is where I fall down. Well, and wine, but wine is non-negotiable at this point. We’ll start with snacks and work our way toward cutting out down on wine.
So, have I lost anything?
- Start – Dec. 20 – 70 lbs to lose
- Week 1 – minus 0.5 = 69.5 lbs to lose
- Week 2 – minus 2.0 = 67.5 lbs to lose
That looks pretty good, and I’ll take any steps in the right direction!
…but I have to admit that I took my starting weight after lunch and the other weights when I first woke up in the morning. So, as those of you that have been down the weight loss track know… I stacked the deck in my favor for these first two weeks. Now though that advantage is over and we’ll see how it goes moving forward.
Thank you all for your support and for keeping me accountable!! Especially Lori for her unwavering courage and optimism on this journey.
Come on and join up! We CAN do this. Together.
What is your weight loss tip for this week?
My two are hidden up there…
1) Eat an apple a day to keep the weight away.
2) Substitute healthy and low calorie snacks for the office donuts or candy jar.
Please share one thing that motivates or works for you…