1) Used the treadmill (3x) that I got at Goodwill last week (only $35!).
2) Decided to only drink wine after each 5 pounds I lose (starting mid-week).
3) Cut down on carbs.
4) Have NO more caramel corn in my house. Goodbye temptation.
5) Asked twitter for tips and got some good ones including:
- Pedometer Challenge – 10,000 steps/day
- EA Sports Active 30 day Challenge
- WOG – Walk and Jog combo
So, did it work?
- Start – Dec. 20 – 70 lbs to lose
- Week 1 – minus 0.5 = 69.5 lbs to lose
- Week 2 – minus 2.0 = 67.5 lbs to lose
- Week 3 – minus 0.0 = 67.5 lbs to lose
Yes, it is easy to get discouraged when I have a week that I thought I made good choices and it wasn’t reflected on the scale. But, it wasn’t a gain either! So I’ll take it and hope that next week is a better week.
Things I did this week that I can change for next week include:
- Dove chocolate – SO yummy and I had 10 pieces in a moment of weakness
- Chicken Alfredo Pasta for dinner
- Baked Brie at a social gathering Friday night
- Never met my 10,000 steps goal
So, I will try to do better this week! How did you do?
Here’s who has signed up for our #emptytrunk challenge:
- Lori @ A Day in Motherhood – 6.9 pounds!! Woohoo Lori!
- Kisha @ In Thru the Out Door
- Jackie @ It’s Crazy Cheap
- Tanya @ Mommy Goggles – minus 2!
- Kristi @ Spend Less and Save More
- Mandy @ In Mandyland
- Cynthia @ The Geek Wife -minus 3!
- Nicole @ Help Mama Remote
- Leilani @ Soleil Selene – minus 7.6 pounds!! WOW!
- Bridget @ Thinking Positive with God’s Help
- Betty @ Opinionated Mother
- Amanda @ Whodemis – minus 1.2!
- Anje @ Saving in Spartanburg – minus 2!
- Gina @ Special Happens
- My real life friends Heather – minus 0.5!
- and Laura
- and Carli from Grandma’s Guide to Life (she’s successfully lost and KEPT it off, so will give us her tips)
Weight Loss Tip
My tip for the week was given to me by Helen (@HelenMGibson) and it is the 10,000 steps per day challenge. She is in a weight loss challenge with her family and whoever gets to 5 days of 10,000+steps wins a prize. Sounds like fun, doesn’t it? Anyone want to enter that challenge with me? Not sure what prizes will be yet, but sounds like a great motivator. There are conversions for other forms of working out – 150steps per minute for biking – etc…
Ok, ladies. How did you do? Would you please let me know this week’s loss and your total too? Thank you! Also what is your one tip that works for you?