- Drank only water for 6 days. Starting on Sunday. (Did cheat on Friday)
- Logged my calories.
- Weighed in with Fat Secret. It’s free and is not an affiliate link. I just like it.
- Stopped drinking soda.
- Played Wii Fit.
- Ate lots of apples.
- Brought veggies, hummus and pita chips to a party for safe snacks.
- Ate Active Lifestyle Oatmeal for breakfast most days – fills me up & only 170 calories.
- Drank way too much wine Saturday night.
- Ate anything I wanted Saturday and Sunday including Taco Bell and Grilled Cheese (not at the same time).
- Ate at McDonald’s on Friday and had wine again, only two glasses though.
- Exercise? Smeshercize…
So, did it work?
- Start – Dec. 20 – 70 lbs to lose
- Week 1 – minus 0.5 = 69.5 lbs to lose
- Week 2 – minus 2.0 = 67.5 lbs to lose
- Week 3 – minus 0.0 = 67.5 lbs to lose
- Week 4 – minus 2.0 = 65.5 lbs to lose
- Week 5 – minus 0.5 = 65.0 lbs to lose
- Total to date – minus 5.0
I would have totally understood gaining weight this week with the choices I made to insert real life into my new food choices. I am intentionally not strangling myself with this weight loss goal because if I *diet* and really go all guns, then I’ll be great for about 6 weeks, but then quit. I’ve been down this road before and it always works that way. This is why not being completely strict, but trying to make the better choice most of the time is my plan. That also means any loss will be very slow, but as long as it is steady and in the right direction, I am happy. Eventually I will have lost the easy weight and will need to up the ante, but for now this works for me.
How did you do?
Here’s who has signed up for our #emptytrunk challenge. How did they do this week?
- Lori @ A Day in Motherhood – up 1.2 – total loss to date 8.4lb
- Kisha @ In Thru the Out Door
- Jackie @ It’s Crazy Cheap
- Tanya @ Mommy Goggles – staying steady!
- Kristi @ Spend Less and Save More
- Mandy @ In Mandyland
- Cynthia @ The Geek Wife – staying steady!
- Nicole @ Help Mama Remote
- Leilani @ Soleil Selene – off week due to moving
- Bridget @ Thinking Positive with God’s Help
- Betty @ Opinionated Mother
- Amanda @ Whodemis -
- Anje @ Saving in Spartanburg – off week
- Gina @ Special Happens
- Jill @ JillSnackSpot
- Jennifer @ Life with the Lebedas
- Kathleen @ Modern Mommys
- Bruna @ Bees with Honey – minus
- My real life friends Heather – minus 2.6
- and Laura
- and Carli from Grandma’s Guide to Life (she’s successfully lost and KEPT it off, so will give us her tips)
Tip 1: I logged in to fat secret again. My last weigh in was March 2010 and I’ve gained 5 pounds since then. Little do they know that I’ve lost 100 pounds and gained 105 in that time frame! Well, maybe not quite that much, but I have certainly fluctuated quite a bit in the past year. I really like fat secret because it has such a huge database of foods that it is really easy to enter my food intake. Plus, there is an app for my phone, so I always have access to log my food. No excuses! Here is a tracker they gave me that will automatically update when I log in…
By the way, should you want to try fat secret, you can modify your historical weight. I was frustrated that it only showed a gain when I’ve been losing (albeit slowly) the past month. I found out how to add those last few weights and now my graph is encouraging again! Ask me if you want help with that.
Tip 2: I really enjoy having lime in my water. I tried lemon but it wasn’t as refreshing as lime and didn’t encourage me to drink more water. The lime does though!