I was sick this week and left my water bottle at a friend’s house. You’d be surprised how much the water bottle I use makes a difference! I like the ones with a large straw. Mine isn’t anything special, just a Rubbermaid that I got from Target a couple of years ago, but I’ve been to 3 Targets and they don’t sell them any more. I either need to get it back or get on E-bay because my water intake is suffering for lack of the right straw!
- Only had one soda and 2 coffees. Yes, this breaks my Zero soda/coffee plan, but is still significantly lower intake than previously.
- Ate high fiber oatmeal for breakfast.
- Bought a new pedometer – Wow, am I walking more steps! I think this one is just more accurate (sensitive) that the last rather than an increase in exercise.
- Ate fruit and nuts as snacks on my way home from work. Helped curb appetite.
- Didn’t exercise.
- Not enough water.
- Fast food twice.
So, did it work?
- Start – Dec. 20 – 70 lbs to lose
- Week 7 – minus 1.0 = 62.0 lbs to lose
- Total to date – minus 8.0
I am happy with an average of 1 pound a week with the small changes that I’ve made. I do know that some of our members are using Nutri-System – Leilani @ Soleil Selene – and some are doing on-line Weight Watchers – Lori @ A Day in Motherhood – so if you are thinking you want a more formal program I’m sure they are happy to tell you the pros and cons!
By the way, I posted my wedding picture because this is the weight I am striving for! Size 8. I did take my before pictures (hanging head in shame) and am thinking I will repeat for every 10lbs lost. Then maybe a panorama at the end of progress and what 10lbs looks like? But for now – until the now pictures aren’t so embarrassing – I’m focusing on my goal for encouragement.
How did you do?
Here’s who has signed up for our #emptytrunk challenge. How did they do this week?
- Lori @ A Day in Motherhood -
- Kisha @ In Thru the Out Door
- Jackie @ It’s Crazy Cheap
- Tanya @ Mommy Goggles – staying steady!
- Kristi @ Spend Less and Save More
- Mandy @ In Mandyland
- Cynthia @ The Geek Wife – DOWN 3.4!! Woot! Please congratulate Cynthia, she has really worked hard the past few weeks.
- Nicole @ Help Mama Remote
- Leilani @ Soleil Selene -
- Bridget @ Thinking Positive with God’s Help
- Betty @ Opinionated Mother
- Amanda @ Whodemis -
- Anje @ Saving in Spartanburg -
- Gina @ Special Happens
- Jill @ JillSnackSpot
- Jennifer @ Life with the Lebedas – minus 7.6 pounds last week! She posts on Monday, go check out her post then, always has great recipes.
- Kathleen @ Modern Mommys
- Bruna @ Bees with Honey -
- My real life friends Heather -
- and Laura
- and Carli from Grandma’s Guide to Life (she’s successfully lost and KEPT it off, so will give us her tips)
Tip 1: Get the right water bottle! One that encourages you to drink water without even thinking about it.
Please note the Weight Loss page I added. There are some offers – free weeks at Bally’s and Curves – free recipe books etc. It is a little crowded and not as asthetically pleasing as it will become – definitely a work in progress, but please make any suggestions that will help you! Also, if interested, I started a Facebook group page that I would love to invite you to join. Would you please provide a link to your facebook or friend me (not Mim) on Facebook and then it is easy to invite you.