Trying a new format for these posts this week. In the comments of the Empty Trunk Facebook Group, Barb asked for suggestions on alternatives to chocolate and how others resist its allure. Before we get there though, this week was pretty good for me and I was glad Jessica joined me for Zumba this morning. If you’re counting that’s 3 whole times I’ve been.
- Start – Dec. 20 – 70.5 lbs to lose
- Week 13 – minus 2.0 = 60.6 lbs to lose
- Total to date – minus 9.9
In case you’re just joining us, here are my results since starting:
- Week 1 – minus 0.5
- Week 2 – minus 2.0
- Week 3 – minus 0
- Week 4 – minus 2.0
- Week 5 – minus 0.5
- Week 6 – minus 2.0
- Week 7 – minus 1.0
- Week 8 – plus 1.5
- Week 9 – minus 5.0
- Week 10 – minus 0.6
- Week 11 – plus 1.2
- Week 12 – plus 2.8
- Week 13 – minus 2.0
So, back to Barb’s question…
What do you eat instead of Chocolate?
- Jessica from That Free Thing – Extra gum makes Mint Chocolate gum. It’s good! I also just give into the cravings and have Skinny Cow 120 calorie ice cream bars.
- Dawn from Flirting with Thirty – Chocolate rice cakes!!!
- Darice from Grown Up For Real – I am in love with the 100 calorie chocolate covered pretzel by Hershey’s. #yum
- Michelle @MLIRobinson- Fruit! 0 points on Weight Watchers
- Our Mom Spot – Seedless grapes!
- Daria (that’s me!) – I eat one dark chocolate Hershey’s kiss and it satisfies the craving better than milk chocolate.
- Carrey from One Girls Ideas – Has anyone tried Fage total 2% Greek Yogurt with Honey? I picked some up at Target last night. 4 for $5. Just had some its awesome! Only 130 calories.
- Leah – Mint Chocolate Chip Gum by Extra – it is really good!
- Barb – I was given one suggestion oh Greek yogurt (plain) with chocolate protein powder they told me just like pudding
- Heather – A mix with almonds, dried cranberries and small chocolate chips
- Cynthia from The Geek Wife – If you like chocolate you ought to try Nutella, same taste less guilt.
- Samantha from A Spoonful of Sugar – 1 piece of dove dark chocolate.
- Jennifer from Life with the Lebedas - I try to just eat on piece a day so that i don’t feel deprived or i will binge out!
What is your tip for resisting those chocolate cravings? Tell us in the comments!
Also, go ahead and join the ladies below in the Empty Trunk Facebook Group – don’t worry, it’s a closed group so your high school boyfriend can’t read any of your comments.
- Caryn @ Living with Logan
- Carrey @ One Girl Ideas
- Cynthia @ The Geek Wife
- Gina @ Special Happens – read her guest post here.
- Samantha @ A Spoonful of Sugar – read her guest post here.
- Darice @ Grown up for Real
- Jennifer @ Life with the Lebedas – She posts on Monday, go check out her post then, always has great recipes.
- Brandy @ You Don’t Know – GO HERE to enter her 0 calorie sweetener giveaway!