On my way to work, some words of wisdom that my coach has recommended I live by came to mind:
Fake it till you make it.
So, while coasting along at a steady 20 mph in morning traffic, I started practicing being excited about it being Monday. I started by telling myself to smile and leave it plastered on there until I passed the next exit – and then how about just one more exit? Yes, it felt forced, but there are chemicals released when you smile (fake or not) that lighten your mood. Or so they tell me.
As an aside, that’s my strategy for running too – just keep going to that tree. You made it? Well how about just a little further to the end of the block. You get the idea.
Now that I’m at my desk, I started thinking of the positives of Mondays and thought I’d share them with you in case you needed a little encouragement this morning.
- I get to see my friends from work that I haven’t seen for awhile.
- My day is busy, so should go quickly, since I have 257 emails to catch up on.
- Askimet blocked 1054 spam messages during my vacation. Glad I don’t have to read those.
- It’s the beginning of the month – so payday!
- Yes, my coworkers were able to manage without me, but they missed having me here – those 257 emails prove it.
- I went to the grocery store this weekend, so have restocked my Crystal Light, Lean Cuisines, and other snacks.
- It’s one day closer to summer and warm weather.
- Trash day’s tomorrow, so no more trash blown all over our yard by the wind.
- I’m making money instead of spending it.
- New ideas thought up over the weekend are ready to be implemented.
- It’s a fresh start to a brand new week.
- I have 5 whole days left to accomplish what I need to this week.
Hey, that smile doesn’t seem so forced any more. What about you? What do you look forward to on Mondays?