Volunteers of America Meals on Wheels is looking for help to get a jumpstart on the holiday rush. The Meals on Wheels program needs YOU to host a Christmas in July Party to benefit homebound seniors.
When: Anytime in July or August
Who: Everyone- this is a great volunteer opportunity for groups, kids and families.
What: Filling holiday gifts bags for homebound seniors
How: You will receive a host packet that contains everything you need to get started. Invite your guest or group and purchase the small gifts listed. You and your group will have a fun time volunteering and filling holiday gifts bags for deserving homebound seniors in the Meals on Wheels program.
What goes in each bag:
· A pair of socks or gloves
· Chapstick, lotion, soap
· Notepad or stationary and pens or pencils
· Little packs of tissues
· Magnifying glass or flashlight with batteries
· Tooth brush and toothpaste
· Alarm clocks
· Small radios
· Mugs or water bottles
· A holiday card from your group
What’s in your host packet:
· Invitations to invite your friends and family.
· Instructions on what goes in the bag and where to return the bags.
Please contact Cathy Law or Bradley Gulley if you are interested in hosting a Christmas in July Party to benefit homebound seniors.
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com