As of this morning,
we I have a new rule. Unfortunately, it’s not we yet because my 7 year old and 3 year old haven’t quite bought into the concept. This is not a completely new rule, but rather an extension of the hissy fit I threw rule I instilled last year about letting me go to the bathroom alone and without interruption.
Here is the new rule:
Allow me to shower alone and in peace.
Simple right? And trust me, I do not take long showers. At the most I spend 10 minutes and that’s when I shave my legs
once a year periodically. I mean, how much is there to it?
- Shampoo – 30sec,
- Rinse – 30sec,
- Condition – 30sec,
- Rub soap on your
hot spotsbody – 1min,
- Use combo anti acne & anti wrinkle face wash (yep I hit the genetic lottery there!) – 30sec,
- Rinse conditioner & body 2min -
Total time spent = 5 minutes.
Ok, maybe with summer and the resultant
cracked heels flip flop toes I may spend an extra few using a stone on my hoofs feet – but you get the point.
This morning – and yes it was the
annual shaving event 10 minute shower – my son interrupted me 4 times!
- Mom, is string cheese, grapes and juice boxes enough for the cooler?
- Mom, I made 4 PB&J sandwiches, now what?
- Mom, should I put on my bathing suit?
- Mom, are we going to grandma’s pool, the Apex or Broomfield Bay?
There are a few things to note here…
1) OMG – leave me alone!
Ok, got that off my chest.
2) Wow, he must be racing up and down those stairs to get all this done and bug me in less than 10 minutes! How do I
manipulate encourage him to put the same effort into homework?
3) Well, at least the last
hissy fit I threw rule I placed about not barging into my bedroom or bathroom has taken – kinda. He is only opening the door and yelling instead of seeing me in all my glory nude.
And that’s how yet another day in the life of Parenting begins…
What was the last
hissy fit you threw rule you created?