Summer kicked my butt this week. Sounds backwards right? It’s summer so I should be more active, later hours to get outside and play, etc. But nope, I was knocked flat by a summer cold that is lingering and caused dizziness, headaches and a sore throat for the past week. Plus it’s been horribly hot and our AC doesn’t work (something about the home builder didn’t size the air handler compatible with the AC compressor – take it up with my hubs – I don’t get it). Regardless, the heat, along with not feeling well, drained any motivation I may have scrounged up to exercise.
My goals from last week:
- Use elliptical a minimum of 3 times and 750 calories ~ didn’t use it at all.
- Some other form of exercise twice ~ nada.
- Cut out wine ~ a friend surprised me mid week with a bottle of wine in hand so how could I resist? But that was the only time this week I had any alcohol.
- Only eat popsicles for sweets ~ this worked very well. They are tasty, cold (very important to me this week in the heat and with a sore throat), and only 40 to 60 calories each depending on variety. Plus I had a coupon for Luigi’s® Italian Ices – Save $0.50. Win-win!
How’d I do?
- I lost 2.6 pounds. Not quite lost the 4.6 I gained the week I took Benadryl, but I’ll take it for sure.
- Total weight loss = – 2 pounds.
Conclusion = Meh.
10 Week Fitness Challenge
I think I mentioned I started a 10 week fitness challenge in the Empty Trunk Facebook Group. Basically, those interested pitched in $10 ($1 a week) into the pool. Anyone that meets their goals each week is entered into the pool to draw a winner for the money. We have 10 participants so this week’s winner will win their entrance fee back! The winner will be drawn tomorrow out of 4 that met their goals. I am not in that group because I didn’t exercise at all even though I did lose more than the 1lb minimum I was aiming for my weekly goal included working out which I didn’t do, so…not in the running this time. But what great motivation to try harder this week! Go here to apply to the Facebook Group if you are interested in having more motivation and support for fitness goals.
My Goals for 7/24 to 7/30
- Exercise 3 times.
- Lose a minimum of 1lb.
- Do a 3 day cleanse (eat only vegetables, fruit and water).
Empty the Trunk Facebook Group Partners
Go here to request an invitation.
Some of the other women that are in the fitness trenches with me include:
Darice @ Grown Up For Real
Also, Barb, Heather, Jill, Lois, Melissa, Laura, Katie, Helen, Carrie, Alisha, Katherin, Leah, Sheila, Pam, and Merrill.
Weekly Weight Loss Tip:
Substitute popsicles when you are wanting a dessert. They are typically low calorie and meet the need for a bit of sweet without the guilt. They are usually quite affordable too. For example a 24 pack was $1.99 at Safeway this week = $0.08 each!
Coupon for Luigi’s® Italian Ices – Save $0.50.
Popsicles Nutrition Facts.
What’s your go-to food substitute when you are trying to lose weight?