Shrimp Alfredo Asparagus Pasta Recipe
- 2 lbs shrimp (cleaned)
- 2 boxes penne pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- 1 jar of Alfredo sauce (14 oz)
- 2 cups (ish) milk
- 4 cloves of garlic (diced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red pepper (diced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- fresh basil (chopped)
- 2 cans (14oz each) of diced tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese (fresh grated)
- 1 bunch asparagus
- Salt to taste
- Cook pasta per box directions.
- Add olive oil, garlic, onion, and pepper to saute pan and cook until onion and pepper is softened.
- Add the canned tomatoes (do not drain) and Alfredo sauce. Fill Alfredo jar 3/4 full with milk, shake to get remaining Alfredo sauce, and add milk to the pan. Add shrimp. Add salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium for 5 to 6 minutes until shrimp are completely pink.
- In separate pan, cook asparagus until just tender when stuck with a fork (but not too soft). Either serve on the side, or once cooked, chop asparagus unto 1 inch lengths and add to the sauce.
- Serve the pasta with sauce and top with a pinch of chopped fresh basil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese to taste.
Total cooking time (prep too) – 20 to 30 minutes.