With the snowy weather on Saturday, I was in a domestic (baking not cleaning) kind of mood. We also had two huge zucchinis from our garden that needed eating and no one in our house wanted to eat them, so I decided to make zucchini bread muffins.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 1 tspn baking soda
- 3 tspn cinnamon
- 1 + 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (Great tip for softening hard brown sugar.)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tspn vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder in a bowl.
- In separate bowl, beat together eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the second bowl until they are well mixed together.
- Add pecans and zucchini.
- Add batter to muffin tins (with cupcake liners).
- Bake about 20min at 325deg (until top is firm and lightly brown).
The tops are slightly crunchy and the muffin is sweet, but not overly so. They make a great breakfast on the go! Makes approx. 2 dozen.
If you have any grated zucchini left, try adding it to this carrots and cilantro recipe. Yum!
What is your favorite breakfast on the go?