These fried eggs (dubbed Toad in the Hole) are one of our favorite breakfast recipes. Plus they are super easy and quick -both things I look for in recipes.
The recipe is very simple:
- Tear a circle out of the middle of a piece of bread (or use a biscuit or cookie cutter).
- Slather butter on both sides of the remaining bread (like you would for a grilled cheese sandwich).
- Put the bread into a hot pan (with some melted butter), then crack an egg so that the yolk is in the middle of the hole you made.
- “Pop” the egg white so it leaks onto the bread.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of Italian Seasoning.
- Flip over when egg is looking firm and continue to cook until both sides of the bread are toasted and the egg is cooked.
- Serve and enjoy!
Check out some of our other family favorite recipes and let me know which are your faves.