I was recently blessed with the opportunity to get away from it all for a girls trip to the mountains. That alone would have been fabulous – everyone needs some time away to really appreciate coming home – but our getaway was to the absolutely breathtaking Devil’s Thumb Ranch (and Spa). It is an easy 1.5 to 2 hour drive from Denver, located between Winter Park and Grand Lake.
I cannot say enough good things about this Colorado destination. If I ever renew my vows, I will definitely be doing it here! Gorgeous facilities, wonderful activities, reasonable lodging, and to die for food. And the view…the view is amazing.
Looking for a reason to visit? Here are some of the favorite reasons people head to Devil’s Thumb Ranch:
- Family Reunion
- Corporate Retreat
- Girls or Romantic Getaway
- Family Vacation
- Winter Sports Lodge
There are a ton of activities to appeal to all ages and activity levels. Here is what we did while there:
- Cooking Lessons with Head Chef
Chef Evan was very personable and easy going.
Plus the food he created for us was AMAZING!
- Full service spa (tons of massage options) – since I was naked, I chose not to take pictures of this activity – but suffice it to say that I was very relaxed and happy with my massage.
- Yoga – the view was spectacular from all the windows in the yoga studios
- Horseback Riding – the horses were the best trail horses I’ve ever ridden and the view on the 2.5 hour ride was spectacular.
- Pool – the pool is heated and has an entrance into the building so you can enjoy the water even when it’s snowing without ever having to come out in the air.
- Hot Tubs – my friend Christina and I hung out in the hot tub and watched the sun set over the mountains. It was stunning. My only regret being I didn’t bring my camera outside with me to capture a picture.
- Activity Room (with Bowling Lanes) – we ran out of time and didn’t get a chance to hang out in the activity room, but next time I am definitely going to play some pool, foosball, shuffleboard and bowling when we visit!
- Fine Dining and Casual Dining Options – We were treated to an amazing 5 course dinner.
The food was delicious and beautiful.
And throughout, Dale personally chose a complementary wine to go with each dish.
We didn’t have nearly enough time to explore all that Devils Thumb Ranch has to offer. Some of the other features of the Ranch that I didn’t personally get to check out include:
- Half and Full Day Kid Camps – lets mom and dad go do their own thing!
- Petting Zoo
- Pony Rides
- Fly Fishing Lessons
- Nordic Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Personal Movie Theater
There are three options if you want to stay at Devil’s Thumb Ranch. You can rent a personal cabin, stay in the lodge, or rent out the bunkhouse. The bunkhouse has 13 rooms (I think) and sounds perfect for a family reunion.
I stayed in the lodge whose decor blew me away. Each room has a fireplace, sitting area and an amazing bathroom:
Overall, I was incredibly impressed with Devil’s Thumb Ranch. The staff was extremely courteous and eager to please, the activities were plentiful, the food was delicious, and the room was amazing. So glad I discovered this Colorado treasure!
What would you be most eager to do if you went to Devil’s Thumb Ranch?