On the one hand I’ve appreciated that these sponsored posts have helped our bottom line during a fairly tight financial period – both my husband and I are
unemployed starting our own businesses.
On the other hand, I feel like the content has suffered and is not up to par. Or at least not up to the vision I have for Mom in Management.
Monetizing Your Blog
If you are a blogger and want to focus on making money, these are some of the things that have worked for me this year:
- Sponsored posts from places like Gig Coin (like this one).
- Sidebar Ads.
- Links to coupons and sales.
- Twitter party panelist.
And while not providing any money, the program that Nutrisystem is providing to me is also quite valuable.
*If you’d like specific companies I work with, please leave a comment and I’ll give you some links.
Vision for Mom in Management
However, while making money is nice (and I’d like to continue to do so), I want to make some changes in 2012.
My vision for this blog is for it to be a gathering place of smart, motivated women looking to collaborate with peers, bounce ideas off of each other, hold each other accountable to attain our goals, and share our knowledge and ideas about family (parenting & marriage), career development, balancing career and family, fitness, and pretty much anything else that interests women.
I especially like the topics that generate a healthy discussion and encourage people to share differences of opinion in a respectful manner.
Yes, there are some topics that will appeal more to working moms, but I want a resource that appeals to stay at home moms as well. Not just moms either, I’d like to have something that appeals to women without kids and men too.
So here’s what you can expect from this blog moving forward into 2012.
- A new blog design. You’ve seen a start of this with the new header and button (created by Gina St. Aubin). In 2012, those design elements will be carried throughout the blog and some reorganizing of topics and increased accessibility to top posts are anticipated.
- Forum. We are going to add a forum to Mom in Management to encourage questions and discussion amongst the readers.
- Groups. Within the forum, we will be forming groups to support and encourage each other toward common goals. Some of these group topics may be losing weight, starting a business, improving your blog, business development/marketing, parenting, getting a promotion, increasing your salary, marriage, etc.
As for the monetizing, there will continue to be sidebar ads and links to coupons as well as sponsored posts and giveaways. However, I am learning to be more choosy about what is worth my time – and more importantly YOUR time. I am also considering creating a separate page for reviews and giveaways so if you are only interested in the true content it won’t be watered down with the monetizing posts.
What do you think? What else would you like to see here?
**This post was sponsored by Gig Coin. All words and opinions are 100% mine.