This is the first in what I hope will be a new series on Mom in Management. My vision is that Thoughtful Thursday will focus on topics that have no clear, black and white, right or wrong answer. Controversial issues with pros and cons provided, gray topics that polarize people, and just all around thought provoking discussions. I really hope to have a great conversation in the comment section, so please chime in!
Here are a couple from the blogosphere this week – very thought provoking!
Some previous topics that I’ve written about that fit this idea or have spurred great conversations include:
- Executive Image & Appearance
- Glass Ceiling in Social Media
- Discrimination at Work
- Discussing Cleavage
- Do Women Have to be Masculine to be Successful?
- Is Giving 110% Really the Key to Success?
- It’s Your Fault You Were Laid Off
- Is Gender Discrimination Over? Reality of Women at Work.
- Letting Innocents Die
- Are You Right Wing or Left? Ass or Elephant?
- Does Self Worth Decide Where You Shop?
- You Can Do That?
- I Felt Trapped. Do You?
- Trophy Husband or Stay at Home Dad?
- School Uniforms – Good Idea?
- Is Sibling Rivalry Abusive?
- Protecting Our Children or Stifling Them?
- Can Men and Women be “Just Friends”?
- Is Tiger Love Feral or Admirable?
- Wait Until Your Father Gets Home!
- Heinz 57 American
- Etiquette – When Your Friends Have Kids with Special Needs & You Don’t.
- Are Fat Kid’s Parents Guilty of Child Abuse?
Next Thursday’s Topic is: All American Childhood vs. International Savvy
What do you think? Like this idea? Hate it?
If you have any suggestions for topics, please feel free to suggest them.