Orzo Pasta with Feta Cheese and Pine Nuts is one of my favorite recipes of all time. It’s my “go to” recipe for bringing to a potluck and I’m asked for the recipe All.The.Time. so I’m sharing with you. Delish!
Orzo with Feta & Pine Nuts Ingredients:
- Box of orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup of toasted pine nuts
- 3/4 cup of feta cheese
- 1 bunch of scallions – chopped
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Boil the orzo.
- When cooked, drain and allow to cool at room temperature, or spray with cool water (so the feta won’t melt when you add it).
- While the pasta is boiling, chop the scallions into 1/4 inch sections and toast the pine nuts. (I toast them in a saute pan with olive oil – alternatively you can toast them in the oven.)
- Add all the ingredients together and you are done.
- If you are going to wait for the pasta to cool at room temperature then add the olive oil when it is first done cooking so it won’t stick. You can wait to add the other ingredients.
- You want the pine nuts well toasted so the nutty flavor is maximized, but not burnt. It can be a fine line.