If you are anything like me it can be hard to find vegetables that your whole family (and you) like . Fried veggies don’t count.
This Cilantro Carrot Recipe is a favorite for my family and is super easy which is always important with our busy schedules.
Ingredients (approximate quantities):
- 2 pounds julienne carrots
- 2 to 3 shallots diced (or 1 medium sweet onion)
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 bunch chopped cilantro
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- if you have extra grated zucchini from muffins, go ahead and throw that in too!
Slicing the carrots can be time consuming because they need to be in fairly small sticks for the flavor ratio to be ideal. I have a julienne slicer, but even better is the presliced bags of carrots you can find at Publix and SuperTarget.
- Saute the garlic and onions in the olive oil. It is best if you can caramelize the onions (I have a 50/50 success rate with caramelizing).
- Add the carrots and cook until tender (about 8 minutes).
- When the carrots are tender, add the cilantro and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add salt to taste and serve!