This was my first attempt at making these adorable football shaped cookies. What I learned from this first try? Melted chocolate chips are not the same as melted Baker’s chocolate. If you use the actual Baker’s chocolate (as called for) I think the chocolate will be smoother and the cookies will look better than mine turned out. But even with a few bumps, these were super cute and delicious!
**Makes 40 cookies.
- 6oz softened cream cheese (or use Neufchatel cheese to reduce the fat)
- 15 oz of finely crushed vanilla or chocolate creme cookies (like Oreos) – try them in a food processor or blender to get them really crushed
- 2 packages (16 squares total) Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate (melted)
- 1 tbsp white icing
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs.
- Use icing to draw “laces” on the cookies. **Quick tip – using a ziploc bag, cut a small hole out of one corner and voila! instant icing applicator.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
**Recipe inspired by Nabisco recipe flyer.
What are you serving for the Superbowl?