My weight loss weigh in for 3/12/2012 to 3/18/2012.
If you’ve been following my weight loss journey, you know that I’ve been having trouble sticking to Nutrisystem 100% of the time.
Beyond just motivation issues, there are some work and life related reasons why I’ve struggled. Reasons such as:
- Required lunch meeting with clients and staff.
- Evening dinners with clients or corporate visitors.
- Activities that include dinner (such as mom’s night out, sports end of season things, etc).
Breakfast and snacks are easy for me to stick to my plan. But main meals of lunch and dinner are often interrupted for the above reasons.
One of the fabulous features of Nutrisystem is that they include counseling and support to help you overcome challenges interfering with your weight loss.
Below is Nutrisystem’s response to my request for tips to overcome my work/life challenges:
Here are our recommendations:
1. Carry your on-the-go meal planner with you in your purse/handbag, so that when you do go out you know what your best meal options are (i.e. grilled and not fried, salad dressing on side etc.).
2. Try to eat your Nutrisystem meal before you go out, and then eat your add-ins at dinner – that way you stay on program without going off to much.
3. Make sure to get in all your water, change it up with pieces of citrus fruit, cucumbers etc.
4. When going out, try to review the restaurant’s menu beforehand and plan out what you want to order, that way you aren’t tempted when you get there.
5. When out, try to fill up on unlimited veggies to curb cravings.
6. When you out and your entrée arrives, if the portion size is way too big, immediately ask for a to go bag, and put half in the bag for an entrée the next day.
I hope these help, but if you have any questions, please let me know.
I am going to Oklahoma City this week for work – three full days of meals on the road could do a lot of damage to my weight loss goals. But I am bringing my running shoes and ipod so I can use the hotel treadmill and I’m also taking along Nutrisystem’s suggestions for smart eating out. Fingers crossed!
Weight Loss Results
- Lost 0.8 pounds.
- Total weight loss to date – 6.6 pounds.
- First goal 10 pounds (3.4 lbs to go).
I didn’t do too well with my goals last week, but somehow the scale gods favored me and I had a loss. Not an earth shattering loss, but I’ll take it!
Week’s Weight Loss Goals
My goals for this week include:
- run 3 times,
- drink 64oz of water every day, and
- drink no alcohol.
We are 4 weeks out and counting until my 5K on April 15th. That means only 12 times to run between now and race day. Yikes! I really need to get running again.
My goal is to complete the 5K (3.1 miles) in less than 32 minutes.
I’ll let you know how I do…
Do you have any tips for losing weight while traveling?
**Disclosure: Nutrisystem is providing 4 months of their program at no charge in exchange for my review. Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting Nutrisystem.