Reaching Your Goals
However, this past week has included 3 business lunches and a few business/social evenings so I wasn’t surprised to have gained 1 pound. While that isn’t in the right direction, it wasn’t as bad as I expected.
However, I don’t want to lose any more ground and am looking for some help from all of you to keep my motivation up and my eyes on reaching my next goal of 15 pounds lost. Total weight loss to date = 10.8lbs.
Meet My Goals Challenge
To give me, and you, a little more motivation and support, I’ve decided to host a 10 week long Meet My Goals Challenge. I even created a button! The challenge will start on Sunday, May 20th and run for 10 weeks. Please leave a comment on this post if you want to participate and I will send you a reminder email each week.
The intent of this 10 week challenge is to help you identify and commit to attainable weekly goals. Setting and accomplishing goals will hopefully help you develop good long term habits. But they have to be attainable because we also want to see you gain momentum each week as you receive the positive reinforcement from being successful at meeting your goals.
- Choose goals that are attainable, measurable, and simple.
- Goals do NOT have to be weight loss or exercise goals.
- Leave a comment each week (post will be on Sundays) identifying your goals for the upcoming week.
- You can have different goals each week (don’t have to be the same ones).
Examples of goals you may want to consider include:
- Exercise 3x this week.
- Drink 64oz of water every day.
- Lose 1 pound.
- Walk the dog every day.
- Take the stairs at work.
- Eat an apple every day.
- Eat no chocolate.
- Join a gym or sign up for a 5K or ask my neighbor to walk with me.
Pick whatever habit or activity you want to incentivize for yourself. This is YOUR goal, no one else’s, so pick something you want a little motivation to meet.
Each week you will come back here and self report on whether you met your goals. The participants that meet their goals will be entered into that week’s drawing and a winner will be randomly selected to win the week’s prize.
The true prize is gaining motivation and seeing success meeting your goals, but the following have graciously offered to add a little more incentive by sponsoring this challenge with some small prizes:
- Neuro Drink
- Missy Hacker (Beachbody Coach)
- Any other brands interested in participating, please contact me at mominmanagement (@) gmail (dot) com
10 Week Challenge Winners
While this does not have to be about losing weight or exercising, I’ve also decided to incentivize both of these by offering grand prizes (not quite sure what yet) for two overall winners based on performance rather than being randomly chosen:
1) Person that loses the most weight (no need to tell us actual weight, just how many lbs lost).
2) Person that exercises the most minutes (so please keep a tally of minutes exercised if you want to be considered).
Please feel free to add the button to your blog sidebar or to any posts that mention this challenge. The more participants, the more fun we’ll have, so please encourage your friends to participate too.
PLEASE leave a comment on this post and I will add you to a Challenge email list to get weekly reminders to check in. I promise I will only use this list for the Challenge reminders.
**Disclosure: Nutrisystem is providing 4 months of their program at no charge in exchange for my review. Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting Nutrisystem.