You know you have them, we all do.
Those moments that make you laugh or cry while wishing you could have a do-over.
It seems that more and more often, “Open mouth, insert foot.” is my personal creed. I know there is this elusive thing others use to prevent these moments. Some refer to it as a filter – a term I clearly need to gain more familiarity with…
Unfortunately, the following have actually come out of my mouth:
Do you know if it’s a boy or a girl?
Um, turns out she wasn’t pregnant. Yes, I absolutely wanted to sink into the floor as I shrunk to about 2 inches tall. Do over – PLEASE!
Or how about when I tried to be a good wingman for a fellow woman I had just met and said:
You have some lipstick on your teeth. Yes, right there. No, it’s still there.
Turns out she has a stain on that tooth, one I’m sure she was hoping wasn’t noticeable and certainly no one would be rude enough to point out. Then I came along. Doh! Do over – PUL-EASE!
There are so many along these lines I could fill up a book. Hmm, maybe I should write a book on what NOT to do. There may be something to that.
I’m looking for any tools to help me eliminate the need for do-overs in my life. For help with day to day things, Frigidaire has a dishwasher that stops dish do overs. While this won’t help me stop embarrassing myself saying the wrong thing, I am thrilled that someone finally decided to live up to the promise of this appliance.
It annoys the heck out of me when I have to practically wash the dishes before loading them into the dishwasher. Dish WASHER implies that it washes dishes, not me – don’t you think?
The Frigidaire Gallery™Dishwasher gets dishes fully cleaned the first time, so there are no dish do-overs. Nearly half of adults admit to re-washing and/or re-drying dishes after the dishwasher cycle has been completed. To prevent dishwasher do-overs, Frigidaire® is stepping in with its new Gallery® Dishwasher featuring the OrbitCleanTM Wash Arm, ensuring dishes are cleaned right the first time.
If Frigidaire can make a dishwasher that helps me avoid do-over moments in the kitchen, do you think they can help me with the other areas of my life?
A life washer perhaps?
Frigidaire, I beg you, make a washer for these areas of my life too!
Weight loss faux pas:
- Cheesecake has milk and eggs in it, that’s health food right?
- I can have seconds, I’ll just run an extra mile tomorrow. Tomorrow comes, do I ever go running? Nope.
The fashion do-overs:
- The 1980’s – enough said. Why did it seem like a good idea to roll our jeans in at the ankle, cover said jeans with scrunchy socks, wear shoes made out of see through plastic, and tease our hair up high enough that we had to duck through doors?
The pure klutz do-overs:
- A professional business meeting when I completely missed the chair as I tried to sit down.
- Running face first into the closed sliding glass door. I actually blame this one on my husband. He had the audacity to clean the darn thing. How was I supposed to know it was closed when the ever present kid prints and dog nose marks were missing?
The financial do-overs:
crapstuff I really don’t need, but it was such a good deal I couldn’t pass it up.
- Buying Facebook stock halfway through the first day of trading. You know, when the price peaked?
There are so many moments in my life that I wish I could do-over. But they aren’t all bad, at the very lease I’ve learned from my
idiocy mistakes plus I get a good laugh at them after years and years awhile.
What is your most recent moment when you thought “If only I had a do-over.”?
I was compensated for this post as a member of Clever Girls Collective. All the opinions expressed here are my own.