This Roasted Chicken Recipe is Tasty, Healthy and Easy. It’s 5 to 10 minutes of prep time total, then it’s all in the oven and you can ignore it for an hour. PERFECT for a hectic weeknight meal or weekend for that matter.
Roasted Chicken & Potatoes
- 1 Whole Chicken
- Potatoes (any kind)
- Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 450 deg.
- Clean the chicken by removing the items from the cavity, rinsing the chicken inside and out, and removing any pin feathers.
- Cut the potatoes (peeled or unpeeled depending on preference) into about 1 inch chunks.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan twice as big or more than the chicken.
- Apply salt generously to the top of the chicken.
- Stuff the chicken cavity with a few sprigs of fresh thyme and an onion cut into quarters (a quartered lemon and garlic cloves are also delicious additions).
- Arrange the potatoes around the chicken. You can add vegetables such as fennel, carrots, squash, etc if you want variety.
- Bake for 60 to 80 minutes or until skin is crispy and juices run clear.