There’s this little football game on TV later today. Maybe you’ve heard of it? Begins with an S – Super something…
Oh, yeah – the Superbowl!
We are going to a friend’s house later and I was playing around with snacks for our contribution. I’m going to bring my Orzo with Feta and Pine Nuts but wanted something the kids – not just mine – will be sure to like too. So the kids and I came up with these super cute, super easy, Superbowl snacks.
- Hot Dogs – I suggest a high quality, all beef hot dog for best flavor.
- Uncooked Crescent Rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 deg F (or temperature on the crescent roll directions if different).
- Cut each hot dog into quarters ~ about 1″ to 1.5″ segments.
- Cut each crescent triangle in half and use each to wrap around a hot dog piece.
- After all sight of hot dog is covered, pinch the ends to get more football shaped oval.
- Score top with a knife -long line across length of dog, then 3 short perpendicular lines. If you cut all the way through the dough, the hot dog will show through when it’s baked. If not, just the lines are in the dough – pick your favorite.
- Bake for 11 to 12 minutes (time shown on crescent package) or until light brown.
- Remove and serve.