Disclosure: I receive free product in order to evaluate and comment on my experiences on the Medifast Program. Medifast products and theMedifast Program are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or illness. Any medical improvements noted while on the program are related to weight loss in general, and not to Medifast products or programs.
I’m excited to announce I’ve been selected as a Medifast blogger! Here’s why I’m ready and an intro to what Medifast is all about:
I’m Ready to LOSE Weight & Not Find it Again
Remember those goals I had for 2014? A big one was that I wanted to lose weight and get more fit. I’ve been doing okay on the fitness part, jogging and walking a lot. I did a 5K earlier this year and have plans to do a couple more.
But, and that’s a big butt (pun intended), I have not gotten where I want to be with my weight. I finally hit the place that I’ve been needing to find, the one where I say enough is enough and I’m ready to get serious about getting to a size that’s comfortable for me.
There are a couple more reasons why now is the right time to start Medifast:
- I’m starting to think about dating for the first time in 16 years. ACK!
- I have free time and want to go do active things, but am too big for some of them. It was pretty darn funny (and a tad embarrassing) to see me tug and pull and wiggle to get the harness on to go zip lining with my daughter.
- My blood pressure is higher than it has ever been before. It’s still normal, but I’m not liking the trend.
- Right or wrong, my professional image includes my size and judgments are made about my professionalism – such as self control, focus, do I have my act together, etc. based upon my weight.
So I’m starting Medifast and will be sharing my results with you!
I first learned about Medifast when Tiffany Noth of Bloggy Moms tried it and lost 70 pounds! Ten pounds in the first week. TEN! Enough said.
Beyond the Medifast gets results primary motivator, there are a couple other reasons I’m looking forward to this program.
- The Medifast 5:1 weight loss plan – 5 Medifast meals a day plus 1 Lean and Green meal – will help me add some clean meals/smart recipes to my family’s rotation. I’m looking forward to getting in the habit of making meals focused on protein and veggies.
- It’s important to me to be able to eat dinner with my kids and I can do that with the Medifast plan. Dinner will be that protein/veggie combo mentioned above for all of us and I can add rice or potatoes or pasta for them without it being a completely different meal.
- I need structure. I play too many mind games with myself without structure such as:
- “I know I should stop eating this meal, but it tastes SO good, I’ll just eat another helping and only have vegetables for dinner.” Of course then dinner comes around and I forget that deal I made earlier. Or
- “I’ve had a stressful day, I deserve brownies tonight. I’ll only have one. ” But then the brownies are made and “I’ll just even this up a little here.” or “Another small one will be ok, I’ll run an extra mile tomorrow.”
So I’ll be trying Medifast and sharing my results with you via my blog. I’d LOVE it if you joined me via Medifast (see coupon codes below) or just to help keep each other accountable with whatever program you’re using to lose weight.
I’d also like to set some goals and rewards for myself for hitting certain milestone weight loss marks – say every 10 pounds? I have 70 I want to lose, so that would be 7 ‘prizes’.
Ideas for prizes/incentives to help me stick with it for the entire 70 pounds?
Get a Discount on Medifast!
Join me and let’s lose this weight together! To make it even more appealing, Medifast has some deals for you! Order Medifast Here.
- If you use my code, MANAGE15, you can receive $15 off an order of $150 or more. Or,
- Use code MANAGE28 to receive 28 free meals (a $67 value!) with your purchase of $250+.
Limit one per customer. The MANAGE28 code is limited to new customers only and not valid with prior purchases, Medifast Advantage, or any other promotions or discounts.
Both codes expire on 12/31/2014. See website for complete details on program and discounts. Consult your physician before beginning a weight-loss program.
Other Medifast Bloggers
Check out how these other Medifast Bloggers are doing with their results and get some other insights into how this program works for different people (men too!) and tips from each of us.
- Kenda – Kreative Creationz
- Aly – The Michigan Mom
- Censie – Building Our Story
- Dawn – Blogging Mom of 4
- Tim – Review Dad
- Sarah – Sarah Halstead
- Samantha – Have Sippy Will Travel
- Cassandra – SoCal Coupon Mom
- Hollie – Common Cents Mom
- Kristen – My 3 Little Kittens
- Katherine – It Sux to be Fat
- Krystel – Army Wife 101