Burgers are burgers – we grilled ours, toasted the bun, slathered with mayonaisse, and put a slice of swiss cheese and mushrooms on top. The only real recipe is the mushrooms…
- Olive Oil ~ 2 tablespoons.
- 8 oz (ish) Mushrooms ~ Washed and sliced. I use the baby portabellos from Costco – 16oz for $3.99.
- 1 medium Sweet Onion ~chopped.
- Garlic ~ 3 cloves diced. I prefer fresh garlic to the pre-diced jarred kind.
- Red Wine ~ about 1/4 to 1/2 cup. I prefer Merlot or Cabernet. As with other ingredients, the quality of wine counts when cooking too.
Warm oil in sautee pan, add garlic and onion. When onions are softened add the mushrooms until they are softened. Then add wine and simmer for about 5 minutes.